Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 288KB)
- Preface (PDF, 144KB)
- Dick Barwick: An appreciation from the Aboriginal History Board (PDF, 143KB)
- Assimilation discourses and the production of Ella Simon’s Through My Eyes (PDF, 533KB) – Jennifer Jones
- Food and governance on the frontiers of colonial Australia and Canada’s North West Territories (PDF, 284KB) – Amanda Nettelbeck and Robert Foster
- ‘Battlin’ for their rights’: Aboriginal activism and the Leper Line (PDF, 1.0MB) – Anne Scrimgeour
- ‘What a howl there would be if some of our folk were so treated by an enemy’: The evacuation of Aboriginal people from Cape Bedford Mission, 1942 (PDF, 1.2MB) – Jonathan Richards
- ‘We are Lutherans from Germany’: Music, language, social history and change in Hopevale (PDF, 272KB) – Muriel Swijghuisen Reigersberg
- The founding of Aboriginal History and the forming of Aboriginal history (PDF, 1.3MB) – Bain Attwood
- Book Reviews (PDF, 4.2MB)
- Contributors (PDF, 124KB)
- Information for authors (PDF, 267KB)
- Aboriginal History Monograph Series (PDF, 170KB)