Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
Special Section: Western Australian Aboriginal History
- Kooral Dwonk-katitjiny (listening to the past): Aboriginal language, songs and history in south-western Australia (PDF, 422KB) – Clint Bracknell
- ‘Keep the magistrates straight’: Magistrates and Aboriginal ‘management’ on Australia’s north-west frontiers, 1883–1905 (PDF, 321KB) – Amanda Nettelbeck
- This man’s tracks: Laurie O’Neill and post-war changes in Aboriginal Administration in Western Australia (PDF, 923KB) – Anne Scrimgeour
- The ‘allurements of the European presence’: Examining explanations of Wongatha behaviour in the northern Goldfields of Western Australia (PDF, 407KB) – Craig Muller
- From ‘Miss Dalrymple’ to ‘Daring Dolly’: A life of two historiographical episodes (PDF, 310KB) – Nicholas Dean Brodie
- Infanticide at Port Phillip: Protector William Thomas and the witnessing of things unseen (PDF, 1.2MB) – Marguerita Stephens
- ‘Socialist paradise’ or ‘inhospitable island’? Visitor responses to Palm Island in the 1920s and 1930s (PDF, 311KB) – Toby Martin
- Aboriginal military service and assimilation (PDF, 1.5MB) – Noah Riseman
- Treasured Possessions: Indigenous Interventions into Cultural and Intellectual Property by Haidy Geismar (PDF, 130KB)
- Contributors (PDF, 314KB)
- Information for authors (PDF, 304KB)
- Aboriginal History Monograph Series (PDF, 167KB)