Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Preface — Culture/cohesion/compulsion: Museological artifice and its dilemmas (PDF, 115KB) Claire Farago and Donald Preziosi
- Introduction — Compelling cultures:Representing cultural diversity and cohesion in multicultural Australia (PDF, 182KB) Anna Edmundson, Kylie Message and Ursula Frederick
- Provocation — Beyond multiculturalism: A journey to nowhere? (PDF, 106KB) Ien Ang
- Culture, citizenship and Australian multiculturalism: The contest over identity formation at the National Museum of Australia (PDF, 244KB) Kylie Message
- Migration, social cohesion and cultural diversity: Can museums move beyond pluralism? (PDF, 140KB) Andrea Witcomb
- Dimensions for a folding exhibition: Exhibiting diversity in theory and practice in the Migration Memories exhibitions (PDF, 473KB) Mary Hutchison
- But where are you really from?: The ‘crisis’ of multiculturalism examined through the work of four Asian-Australian artists (PDF, 429KB) Anna Edmundson
- Acting in a community: Art and social cohesion in Indigenous Australia (PDF, 137KB) Howard Morphy
- Writing/righting a history of Australian Aboriginal art (PDF, 146KB) Susan Lowish
- Wandjina, graffiti and heritage: The power and politics of enduring imagery (PDF, 1.9MB) Ursula Frederick and Sue O’Connor