Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 73KB)
- Dedication (PDF, 261KB)
- Introduction (PDF, 22KB)
- Charles Dunford Rowley (PDF, 20KB)
- A memorial for Thomas Bungeleen 1847–1865 (PDF, 248KB) – R.E. Barwick and Diane E. Barwick
- A closer look at cultural contact: some evidence from ‘Yambuck’ Western District, Victoria (PDF, 371KB) – Jan Critchett
- What’s in a name? An etymological view of land, language and social identification from central western New South Wales (PDF, 1.2MB) – Tamsin Donaldson
- ‘Breaking up these camps entirely’: the dispersal policy in Wiradjuri country 1909–1929 (PDF, 273KB) – Peter Read
- The Marawara language of Yelta: interpreting linguistic records of the past (PDF, 172KB) – Luise Hercus
- Bathurst Plains and beyond: European colonisation and Aboriginal resistance (PDF, 409KB) – Michael Pearson
- Aboriginal boundaries and movements in Western Port, Victoria (PDF, 432KB) – Denise Gaughwin and Hilary Sullivan
- Mapping the past: an atlas of Victorian clans 1835–1904 (PDF, 1.1MB) – Diane E. Barwick
- Exchange in south-eastern Australia: an ethnohistorical perspective (PDF, 664KB) – Isabel McBryde
- Intensification, population and social change in south-eastern Australia: the skeletal evidence (PDF, 721KB) – Stephen Webb
- Documentation and archaeological investigation of an Aboriginal ‘village’ site in south-western Victoria (PDF, 678KB) – Elizabeth Williams
- The rock art areas of Victoria: an initial comparison (PDF, 975KB) – Ben Gunn
- Perspectives on land rights (PDF, 126KB) – Brad Morse
- Reviews and Book Notes (PDF, 712KB)