Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
Section I. Origins and Dispersals
- Proto-Austronesian and the Major Austronesian Subgroups (PDF, 309KB)
- The Prehistory of Oceanic Languages: A Current View (PDF, 843KB)
- Borneo as a Cross-Roads for Comparative Austronesian Linguistics (PDF, 331KB)
- Austronesian Prehistory in Southeast Asia: Homeland, Expansion and Transformation (PDF, 389KB)
- The Lapita Culture and Austronesian Prehistory in Oceania (PDF, 305KB)
- The Austronesian Conquest of the Sea — Upwind (PDF, 241KB)
- Domesticated and Commensal Mammals of Austronesia and Their Histories (PDF, 232KB)
Section II. Transformations and Interactions
- Homo Sapiens is an Evolving Species: Origins of the Austronesians (PDF, 250KB)
- A Study of Genetic Distance and the Austronesian/Non-Austronesian Dichotomy (PDF, 169KB)
- Language Contact and Change in Melanesia (PDF, 209KB)
- Austronesian Societies and Their Transformations (PDF, 168KB)
- Sea Nomads and Rainforest Hunter-Gatherers: Foraging Adaptations in the Indo-Malaysian Archipelago (PDF, 285KB)
- Exchange Systems, Political Dynamics, and Colonial Transformations in Nineteenth Century Oceania (PDF, 228KB)
- Indic Transformation: The Sanskritization of Jawa and the Javanization of the Bharata (PDF, 221KB)
- Continuity and Change in the Austronesian Transition to Islam and Christianity (PDF, 178KB)
- Christianity and Austronesian Transformations: Church, Polity and Culture in the Philippines and the Pacific (PDF, 164KB)