Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
Research and Theory in Human Ecology
- Conservation Science Policies Versus Scientific Practice: Evidence from a Mexican Biosphere Reserve (PDF, 205KB) – Gabriela Alonso-Yañez and Conny Davidsen
- Human Ecology as Philosophy (PDF, 179KB) – Carleton B. Christensen
- Use of Cultivated and Harvested Edible Plants by Caiçaras—What can Ethnobotany Add to Food Security Discussions? (PDF, 473KB) – Mariana Giraldi and Natalia Hanazaki
- Community-Based Water Systems: Preserving Livelihood, Ecology, and Community (PDF, 1.7MB) – David S. Henkel
- Qualitative Indicators of Social Resilience in Small-Scale Fishing Communities: An Emphasis on Perceptions and Practice (PDF, 358KB) – Teresa R. Johnson, Anna M. Henry, and Cameron Thompson
- Place Matters: An Investigation of Farmers’ Attachment to Their Land (PDF, 369KB) – Courtney E. Quinn and Angela C. Halfacre
- Environmental Identity and Community Support for the Preservation of Open Space (PDF, 548KB) – Janet K. Swim, Stephanie J. Zawadzki, Jessica L. Cundiff, and Bruce Lord
- Visualizing Stakeholder Perspectives for Reflection and Dialogue on Scale Dynamics in Social–Ecological Systems (PDF, 1.2MB) – J. M. Vervoort, M. A. Hoogstra, K. Kok, R. van Lammeren, A. K. Bregt, and R. Janssen
- The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History, by Elizabeth Kolbert (PDF, 133KB) – Reviewed by Jordan Fox Besek
- Energy and Electricity in Industrial Nations: The Sociology and Technology of Energy, by Allan Mazur (PDF, 119KB) – Reviewed by Richard York
- Defensive Environmentalists and the Dynamics of Global Reform, 193 by Thomas K. Rudel (PDF, 131KB) – Reviewed by Thomas J. Burns