The ANU eTEXT Grant Scheme has been established to support ANU academics to publish digital textbooks with ANU eTEXT—the open access textbook publishing imprint for ANU.
Funded by the ANU Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), the Scheme will provide ANU scholars with funds for production of their textbooks as freely available ebooks, accessible online or downloadable in .epub, .mobi and .pdf formats, and as print-on-demand paperbacks. The funds may be used for copyediting, indexing, or the purchase of images and other copyrighted material, for example. Applications with matching funding from their college or other sources will be preferred.
How to apply
To apply for the Scheme, download an application form and complete with the following information:
- Full details of the proposed publication and its current status—this includes the working title, name of author/s or editor/s, whether it is part of a series and a brief description of the work.
- Background to the application—name and extent of involvement with the project by the applicant/s, whether other ANU staff are involved, if there are other contributors, and if so, from which institution/s.
- The manuscript’s (actual or anticipated) table of contents.
- An up-to-date CV for the author/s or editor/s.
- Two references from scholars with expertise in the field.
- A letter of support from your College Dean including funding approval.
- Written assurance that the applicant has no personal involvement with any of the suppliers concerned with the production and distribution of the work.
An information sheet has been created to provide further information.
Applications are now open all year round, each application submitted will be assessed on an individual basis.
For any questions, please email to email@example.com